There are plenty of political fundraisers during campaign seasons, but this one will be especially interesting: The progressive slate for the Democratic County Central Committee is coming together for an event May 2 at 6 pm at Project One. The host committee includes outgoing chair Aaron Peskin and Sup. David Chiu, who have not always been on the best of terms -- and Committee incumbent Alix Rosenthal, the main organizer of the event, who is also the organizer of what some see as a competing slate.
And that slate is having its own problems -- involving clashes between some of the progressive women (Hene Kelley, who will no doubt be at the May 2 event) and some of the more moderate women (Hydra Mendoza, who won't be there.) The party invite has a street sign saying "left turn only" -- which is not at all what some of the people on Rosenthal's other slate are thinking.
Rosenthal told us: "I personally think it's remarkable that Aaron, Rafi [Mandelman], David Chiu, David Campos, Eric Mar, John Avalos and I are all on the host committee, given the rifts in the progressive movement of late."
Yep. Everyone's getting along. For one night, anyway.
Most Commented On
- Ah but if the risk "doesn't pay off" then you get Ellis'ed. - May 25, 2013
- Such fantasies are clearly the work of someone who has no life - May 25, 2013
- No, so what, there's a policy question here. - May 25, 2013
- No, so what, if you can only afford your rent because - May 25, 2013
- No. - May 25, 2013
- Yes. - May 25, 2013
- What a shame that the realities of - May 25, 2013
- Street music - May 25, 2013
- I guess that this will work - May 25, 2013
- I'm a liberal and would take - May 25, 2013