Trolls rejoice! Comments are back

We appear to have fixed the comments problem that was bedeviling us and frustrating all the great folks who are part of our blog community (and those trolls who just try to annoy everyone else). So come on back -- the comments work, you can start calling me names again, and let the fun being anew!

Comments

going back in time to the old school of journalism where you write, we read and there is no backtalk?

I rather think you enjoyed your brief period of total control and command of the medium and the message.

Posted by Guest on Jun. 04, 2012 @ 1:52 pm

Too bad. It was so much nicer without the snarky, nasty comments. I was hoping the BG had finally gotten rid of comments....all comments. They really lower the quality of the site. It's really quite a cesspool with the comments considering who lives on the site to constantly hate the site.

Posted by Guest on Jun. 04, 2012 @ 2:14 pm

The communist party apparachiks will feel a warm, familiar glow in response to the zeal you wish to suppress dissent and free speech.

We must all praise the movement and never ask difficult questions.

Posted by Guest on Jun. 04, 2012 @ 2:38 pm

I hate debate, any debate at all. I want to read opinion pieces or editorials and not anyone's reaction to them. The Guardian and its writers are pillars of San Francisco progressive thought and we certainly do not need peons challenging them or their views - on anything. Personally I consider the SFBG like the Vatican and Redmond/Jones like the pope - their word is infallible and I am a loyal Guardianist. Call me "The Guardian Guard" is you will.

Posted by Troll II on Jun. 04, 2012 @ 2:43 pm

Lighting a candle for Arthur Evans.

Posted by Chris McNeil on Jun. 04, 2012 @ 2:31 pm

I'm sure as much as you were missing us!

Posted by Troll II on Jun. 04, 2012 @ 2:35 pm

LOVE the headline!

Posted by Brock Keeling on Jun. 04, 2012 @ 4:56 pm

obviously a troll.

Troll = someone who disagrees with me

Posted by Guest on Jun. 04, 2012 @ 5:31 pm

and inapplicable accusations like "troll is someone who disagrees" while making no conrary point that is sensible or otherwise supported by the least shred of evidence.

You have no argument and thats why you are compelled to consistently fall back on this weak sauce non-sequitur attack.

By the way, lots of troll talk was left up while the comments were on hiatus. There was no new poll regarding Mirkarimi, and there has only been one so far.

Posted by lillipublicans on Jun. 04, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

Dude you do realize that the scenario that you describe is exactly what you do...right?

Look at your post...it is repetitive, there is no 'conrary' point offered, not one shred of supportive evidence and I don't think that you understand what non sequitur means.

Posted by Troll on Jun. 04, 2012 @ 8:04 pm

because they have no other avenue open to them for criticizing their targets. When confronted by their transparent behavior, they return again and again to infantile accusations that they are being subjected to troll-ery rather than being themselves guilty of it.

Amusing in a comical asshat sort of way.

Posted by lillipublicans on Jun. 05, 2012 @ 6:18 am

Whee! This is fun already. Which is superior: MacOS or Windows? Somebody please compare me to the former head of the German National Socialist Party. I can't use his name because the troll filter evidently blocks all mention.

Posted by Guest on Jun. 05, 2012 @ 11:52 am

If there was, we wouldn't have to listen to the same tired talking points hashed over and over and over, day after day after day...ad nauseum. Ack!

Posted by Guest on Jun. 05, 2012 @ 4:06 pm

over and over, why would you expect it's readers to be any different? If you wanted original thought, you surely wouldn't be here.

Posted by Guest on Jun. 05, 2012 @ 4:13 pm

I'm sure this will please all 3 readers of your site.

Posted by Guest on Jun. 04, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

It's the "trolls" who make this site worth reading. Now go get Todd Vogt a latte!

Posted by Chromefields on Jun. 05, 2012 @ 8:09 am

I wouldn't have thought Tim Redmond could peel his lips away from Barack Obama's ass long enough to post this.

Posted by Guest on Jun. 05, 2012 @ 8:54 pm