So I'm not usually the paranoid type (I said usually), but this one is a little creepy: According to Fast Company, Muni is going to deploy a camera system that can detect criminal or potential terrorist behavior -- without a human being.
Not clear what happens when the cameras find something suspicious (and anyone who rides Muni knows that "anomalous behavior" is pretty standard fare). But I sense this could cause some trouble when over-anxious cops hyped on terror-watching charge into the tunnel to grab some guy who's pissing on the wall.
Unless the cameras decide that's "normal."
Most Commented On
- The Judge and Kelley were shootin straight - July 9, 2014
- Steven hasn't thought this one out, either. - July 9, 2014
- Chava Energy CEO Hagen Ruff Tries To Deny Mark Goldes' Role - July 9, 2014
- Steven wants the city policy statement to be changed to say - July 9, 2014
- A speeding ticket - July 9, 2014
- groan, Steve and math - July 9, 2014
- Elbow's Craig Potter on iPads, tour fatigue, and hitting #1 - July 9, 2014
- Please don't say Bay Areans. - July 9, 2014
- PEOPLE WHO DRIVE CARS ARE - July 9, 2014
- BqqlXIMcvfAnw - July 9, 2014