They're huge, and they block Muni stops, and they crowd into narrow streets. And now there's another reason the city needs to get into the businesses of regulating private corporate shuttles:
The buses can get stuck on the hills.
Uptown Almanac has a great item, with excellent photos and a video, of a Google shuttle getting caught in Noe Valley, beached like a whale at 23rd and Chattanooga. A pickup truck tries in vain to haul the monster away.
Folks: The streets of SF's neighborhoods weren't designed for 50-foot luxury coaches. Someone's got to write some rules about where these private shuttles can go -- and where they can't.
Most Commented On
- I feel no sympathy for you - July 10, 2014
- economic - July 10, 2014
- What the hell are you - July 10, 2014
- Losing their hegemony - July 10, 2014
- Supervisor's Campos offer is - July 10, 2014
- I smell an expensive lawsuit - July 10, 2014
- divine solution - July 10, 2014
- It's called an "asset strip" - July 10, 2014
- Never a problem imposing an additional tax can't solve!! - July 10, 2014
- Me too. I like that as well. - July 10, 2014