They're huge, and they block Muni stops, and they crowd into narrow streets. And now there's another reason the city needs to get into the businesses of regulating private corporate shuttles:
The buses can get stuck on the hills.
Uptown Almanac has a great item, with excellent photos and a video, of a Google shuttle getting caught in Noe Valley, beached like a whale at 23rd and Chattanooga. A pickup truck tries in vain to haul the monster away.
Folks: The streets of SF's neighborhoods weren't designed for 50-foot luxury coaches. Someone's got to write some rules about where these private shuttles can go -- and where they can't.
Most Commented On
- thats great - December 12, 2013
- Discover how to make money - December 12, 2013
- Essay writing help - December 12, 2013
- There She Goes Again" to - December 12, 2013
- Drive jacket - December 12, 2013
- Study Medicine (MBBS/ MD/ MS) in India/ Overseas - December 12, 2013
- Why isn't the Department of - December 11, 2013
- "I'm getting tired of trying - December 11, 2013
- Oh there you go again off the - December 11, 2013
- "The internet allows every - December 11, 2013