We're underway with our endorsement interviews for the November election, and I'll be posting the full sound file of all the interviews as we finish them (and as I have time to upload them). First up: Community College Board member John Rizzo, who is running for supervisor in District 5.
Rizzo told us he has the political experience to take on the district's, and the city's, tough problems. Among other things, he wants to eliminate the fund that developer pay into for affordable housing and require market-rate builders to construct affordable units on site. He discussed a "scientific approach" to managing Muni and wants a closer audit of the $600 million the city gives to nonprofits providing public services every year.
You can listen after the jump.
Most Commented On
- This is really not about your - December 9, 2013
- Yep, Don Draper said it best: - December 9, 2013
- It's diversity because no - December 9, 2013
- "And it is way over - December 9, 2013
- my white guilt - December 9, 2013
- San Francisco's politicians - December 9, 2013
- This is probably the best - December 9, 2013
- Agreed. China has wonderful - December 9, 2013
- Well said. - December 9, 2013
- San Friscans Have made their bed. Now they Must lie in it. - December 9, 2013