We're underway with our endorsement interviews for the November election, and I'll be posting the full sound file of all the interviews as we finish them (and as I have time to upload them). First up: Community College Board member John Rizzo, who is running for supervisor in District 5.
Rizzo told us he has the political experience to take on the district's, and the city's, tough problems. Among other things, he wants to eliminate the fund that developer pay into for affordable housing and require market-rate builders to construct affordable units on site. He discussed a "scientific approach" to managing Muni and wants a closer audit of the $600 million the city gives to nonprofits providing public services every year.
You can listen after the jump.
Most Commented On
- There was an "aggreived party", JW, and you said it yourself: - May 23, 2013
- I don't know who, or how - May 23, 2013
- Weiner - May 23, 2013
- You're not seeing many "moderate" posters here? - May 23, 2013
- No, Nothing Wrong - May 23, 2013
- Yes, IOW it's the NIMBY, anti-progress idea that - May 23, 2013
- Funny how you defend people who have to leave the city for - May 23, 2013
- I agree, but it's good to see Greg defending the successful - May 23, 2013
- You read wrong. I only said that I understand city policies that - May 23, 2013
- Not every sex crime on the statute book involves actual sex. - May 23, 2013