District 5 candidate London Breed has an amazing life story. She grew up in the Western Addition projects, living with her grandmother at a time when many of the people around her were killed or wound up in prison. She survived, went through public schools and UC Davis and now runs the African American Art and Culture Complex. She's served on the Redevelopment Commission, where she voted in favor of the Lennar project, and is now on the Fire Commission. "I am here as the result of progressive politics in this city," she said. She also talked about fiscal responsibility, and how it's good to have someone at City Hall "who knows the value of a dollar."
Listen to the full interview after the jump.
Most Commented On
- There is a vast gulf between - June 19, 2013
- Cleopatra - June 19, 2013
- whether or not you think i - June 19, 2013
- Well, I quoted what you said. - June 19, 2013
- Guest, Good question - June 19, 2013
- Offhand, I cannot think of a major botanical garden in any of - June 19, 2013
- Uh oh, someone mentioned a fired SFBG writer and their post was - June 19, 2013
- What he did of? - June 19, 2013
- The Gardens are a lot nicer now it isn't packed with people who - June 19, 2013
- Nah, Jody, I was just pointing out that you making a single post - June 19, 2013