Obviously the allegations in SF Weekly that Julian Davis groped a woman are serious stuff. For the record, nobody at the Guardian knew anything about this; we didn't know anything even remotely close. The worst we'd ever heard about Julian was that he was kind of an entitled jerk in his 20s who thought he was God's gift to women and sometimes came on a little strong. Groping? This is very serious business. Yes, we are reconsidering our endorsement. Yes, we take this about as seriously as you can take anything.
We of course have to talk to all sides, but we'll be making a recommendation by tomorrow.
Most Commented On
- The one time I agree with anon - June 18, 2013
- Xorauguynahfumg - June 18, 2013
- Do you even know what these words mean? - June 18, 2013
- Speak for yourself - June 18, 2013
- Lucretia is eternal - June 18, 2013
- JAW: Part II even better than Part I - June 18, 2013
- So, so, so much wrong here - June 18, 2013
- My thoughts exactly. What a - June 18, 2013
- I'll miss the Guardian, it - June 18, 2013
- Steve has job-retention worries - June 18, 2013