Obviously the allegations in SF Weekly that Julian Davis groped a woman are serious stuff. For the record, nobody at the Guardian knew anything about this; we didn't know anything even remotely close. The worst we'd ever heard about Julian was that he was kind of an entitled jerk in his 20s who thought he was God's gift to women and sometimes came on a little strong. Groping? This is very serious business. Yes, we are reconsidering our endorsement. Yes, we take this about as seriously as you can take anything.
We of course have to talk to all sides, but we'll be making a recommendation by tomorrow.
Most Commented On
- The problem when you start parsing peoples' views to determine - May 24, 2013
- Yes, I thought GM should have been allowed to fail as well. - May 24, 2013
- Why Would I Be "Tolerant" of Intolerance? - May 24, 2013
- GOP'ers don't hate gays at all. Many GOP'er are gay. - May 24, 2013
- I'm just one of many here. - May 24, 2013
- But that's exactly the point. The successful do not hate - May 24, 2013
- It's not a surprise that some States have differing views on - May 24, 2013
- What's the worst that could - May 24, 2013
- Yes - May 24, 2013
- They can build without affecting the view from Telegraph Hill - May 24, 2013