The crowd just went nuts at the SF Democratic Party headquarters on Market Street when the big TV screen flashed, "Obama Re-Elected."
Downstairs from the rejoicing, a poster on the wall claimed that volunteers made 29,050 calls over the weekend on the Democratic incumbent's behalf -- upstairs, of course, was the payoff for all that hard work and the party.
State Sen. Mark Leno told us "San Francisco was the most productive campaign office in the state," having hundreds of volunteers a day.
LGBT activist Gary Virginia was happy and relieved by this victory. "I feel there's so much at stake in the LGBT community in the White House with this election."
But there's more to come. "I'm a little worried about the ballot measures," SF Dem chair Mary Jung tod us.
Sup. Scott Wiener was watching the other races countrywide. "Elizabeth Warren, what an amazing voice to have in the US Senate." he said.
DCCC member Matt Dorsey was focused on local races like D5 and D7, "I think those are going to be the most exciting races to follow."
Most Commented On
- Big Talker: Your impotent - June 20, 2013
- Arrogant prick. - June 20, 2013
- Fuck the yupster invasion. - June 20, 2013
- I'm done with this paper. Tim didn't "resign". - June 20, 2013
- Get fucked. - June 20, 2013
- Was Bruce part of the - June 20, 2013
- H Brown with Chris Daly - June 19, 2013
- Oops! I accidentally - June 19, 2013
- A Tremendous Loss For Journalism - June 19, 2013
- Win what? - June 19, 2013