There's a scattering of early returns, mostly from conservative Central Valley counties, and they should everything bad happening -- Prop. 30 failing, Prop. 32 winning, Prop. 34 and 37 losing .... but LA isn't in, the Bay Area isn't in, and none of this means much. Except: Prop. 36, the repeal of three-strikes, is going to win overwhelmingly. It looks like Prop. 39, ending a billion-dollar tax loophole, is going to win handily. And the attempt by Mercury Insurance once again to rewrite the state's car-insurance laws is going down to defeat.
Prop. 30 is about two points behind Prop. 32, and since Prop. 32's going to get crushed, that's maybe not a bad place to be.
I'm not worried yet.
Most Commented On
- Only Landlords Could Possibly - May 22, 2013
- "Libertarian socialist" - May 22, 2013
- More important things in life than being a control freak - May 22, 2013
- Don't blame jaywalking - May 22, 2013
- It would be even more amusing... - May 22, 2013
- Constitution: Drug laws are illegal, drugs are legal - May 22, 2013
- Non-Aggression is the libertarian way - May 22, 2013
- So why use a corporate profits tax at all? - May 22, 2013
- It would be amusing to - May 22, 2013
- blinkered thinking - May 22, 2013