According to the SF Department of Elections, the first results -- including just the absentees received before Election Day -- will be posted here at about 8:45. That will include a preliminary ranked-choice voting run, which won't be conclusive but will give people a sense of where the races are headed.
We'll be posting regular updates on this blog through the evening, trying to make sense of the numbers and reporting from the various Election Night events. Join us for the latest news and analysis.
I'd guess by the time the polls close in California it will be pretty clear what's happening on the national level.
Most Commented On
- Yes, clueless pedestrians demand their right to be dumb and - March 6, 2014
- Being both a pedestrian and a - March 6, 2014
- LOL, there have always been fringe candidate who know they - March 6, 2014
- You can tell Streetsblog have no confidence in their position as - March 6, 2014
- Consider the source - March 6, 2014
- The candidate X - March 6, 2014
- Jason doesn't seem significant enough to bother. - March 6, 2014
- Shhh, don't tell the dumb morons. - March 6, 2014
- Thank you, Meaghan and Kate! - March 6, 2014
- Lying - March 6, 2014