So let's get this straight:
Three lawsuits have been filed against the head of the Housing Authority. Some 30 staffers have complained about Alvarez to senior mayoral staffers. The HA even hired former City Attorney Louise Renne to investigate problems with Alvarez.
And Mayor Lee says he wasn't aware of the problems?
This is the kind of thing that used to happen under Willie Brown -- the mayor would hire cronies for top dollar, and defend them and brush aside charges of misbehavior. And I hate to see the same style happening under Lee.
Clearly, the two are pals, and I understand the urge to stand by your friends in public life, and at this point, we just have allegations -- maybe none of it is true, and maybe Renne will find that everything is just grand over at the Housing Authority. But the mayor ought to at least express concern.
And if this was all really happening without his knowledge, then his staff isn't doing a very good job of keeping him informed.
Either way, not a good scene in Room 200.
Most Commented On
- Because Latterman is a - December 10, 2013
- Supply of housing is - December 10, 2013
- Excellent point - SFBG only knows demonized caricature of tech.. - December 10, 2013
- Supply and Demand denial is - December 10, 2013
- Unions kill creativity, work ethic, and freedom... - December 10, 2013
- Poll Results - December 10, 2013
- Lawl, you really think the PR - December 10, 2013
- One problem with activists in - December 10, 2013
- The funny thing is that the - December 10, 2013
- "That Google hasn't refuted - December 10, 2013