Lots of people angry about the Pride Committee's decision to fire Bradley Manning as a grand marshal. But the most savage, all-out assault comes from Steven W. Thrasher, a former Village Voice writer who has nothing good to say at all about Pride or the people who run it -- or for the more mainstream parts of the LGBT movement:
Listen up, fellow homos—you have been bought, paid-for and sold to the highest bidder. The military industrial complex is so far up the ass of the LGBT movement that it can feel what is being digested in its upper intestines. Talking points and "messaging," not discussion and debate, are the preferred methods of "communication" in a movement now run and owned by PR-firm trained Professional Homosexuals. Dissent will not be tolerated, and the assimilation of homosexuals into the rest of the militarized American public is complete.
On Manning and Pride:
A regular homosexual can give Dan Savage handjob after handjob for his anti-bully “It Gets Better” campaign if he wants, and he can even scream from the rafters that Savage should be given the Nobel Peace Prize for saying that something must be done to protect the powerless who are bullied by the powerful. But that same homosexual becomes as beholden to the military-industrial complex as the Professional Homosexual when he fails to call out SF Pride as a bully. The powerful group found perhaps the most marginalized, powerless homosexual in the nation, pulled him into the spotlight for a few hours, took a giant shit on him, roughed him up a little, called him names, and then kicked him back into the gutter.
I had to smile when I came to the end of the post, which notes:
Steven W. Thrasher was named Journalist of the Year 2012 by the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association for his staff writing for the Village Voice and his freelance contributions to the New York Times and Out magazine. Two weeks after receiving this award, he was laid off by the Voice.
Is he being too harsh? Is he channeling his inner Marc Salomon? Or does the guy have a point here?
Most Commented On
- Skin In The Game - December 4, 2013
- My Point Is That You Are Full Of BS - December 4, 2013
- "Monetary monomania" - December 4, 2013
- You claim zero hatred and proceed - December 4, 2013
- Again, 50% of Americans pay just 2% of income taxes - December 4, 2013
- My point was that you were only considering one tax when - December 4, 2013
- I challenge you to cite any "hate" remark in this thread. - December 4, 2013
- Will any such developments be accompanied by a clear commitment - December 4, 2013
- Lots Of Big Words In Here Put On Your Big Boy Pants - December 4, 2013
- Ambrose, for every Van Gogh there were 9,999 failures who - December 4, 2013