I have been getting too many emails and IMs from readers that tell me that they'd like to weigh in on my blog posts but can't because the thread had degenerated into a shit-flinging contest. So let me remind you of sfbg.com’s policy on comments.
Comments that have nothing to do with the topic, that are nothing but ad hominem attacks, or that include offensive language or hate speech, are subject to being deleted. We want this to be an open forum, but we also want to keep it (relatively) civil (and relevant).
Unless the topic of my blog post is "does Johnny Angel Wendell (or Tim Redmond/Bruce Brugmann/The SFBG/Another poster) suck or do they rule?" your irrelevant comments are going to go.
We wouldn't converse with each other in person this way. That is the rule of thumb.
Tear the premise of the blog post to pits, praise it to the skies, be indifferent, fine. I'm personally fair game as well (good or bad), as long as the topic is the subject. This isn't that hard. I don't wanna be an Internet cop. But because a few allegedly adult readers are driving off an awful lot of would-be participants, I’m going to have to use the “delete” key.
Most Commented On
- grDYUUCRImLrc - July 30, 2014
- With ObamaCare, why do we even need SFGH? - July 30, 2014
- The most important housing imperative for SF is not to house - July 30, 2014
- It doesn't work like that - July 30, 2014
- "We have a city of 5,000 - July 30, 2014
- What am I missing here? - July 30, 2014
- These workers can simply live - July 30, 2014
- Wrong, the city desperately needs all kinds of housing but - July 30, 2014
- Wiener is the smartest of the supervisors and so I'd expect him - July 30, 2014
- This is the flip side of the - July 30, 2014