Jean Stapleton, best known as "Edith Bunker" on TV's "All In The Family", passed away in New York. She was 90.
Not only was she an actress of amazing skill and poise, but consider the obvious: There would never be an "All In The Family" today (discounting cartoons like "The Simpsons" or "Family Guy").
Every lefty PC pressure group would be screaming bloody murder about Archie's "hate speech" and every RW blabbermouth would be spittle-flecking mics everywhere about how "this show makes real Americans look stupid". (With subtle and probably not so subtle references to the show's "Hollywood elite producers", ie, Jews).
In reality, Archie was a lovable character, as was Edith. His daughter's husband, the leftist meathead, no. Edith balanced off her husband's reactionary nitwittery with common sense, as opposed to the dopey rhetoric spouted by the collegiate know it all. Which is how life is supposed to work and why it was the greatest TV show of all time.
Most Commented On
- Try me, Steven. What "pressures" do you withstand? - December 18, 2013
- Make biking safer and more people will bike - December 18, 2013
- Enforcement priority here is easy to comprehend. - December 18, 2013
- ...says the anonymous commenter.... - December 18, 2013
- If these were common everyday "peons" using bus stops illegally, - December 18, 2013
- Such persuasiveness. I'm sure you'll go far in life. - December 18, 2013
- it is amazing how stupid you - December 18, 2013
- The city must also have evicted a lot of people for things like - December 18, 2013
- I'm not aware if even a single person has been evicted by a - December 18, 2013
- So you can bicker here but we cannot, Chris? Is that it? - December 18, 2013