Gee, which is worse: Having the chair of the local Democratic Party working for Pacific Gas and Electric Co., which blows up neighborhoods, or for the San Francisco Board of Realtors, which pushes anti-tenant legislation and whose members profit from gentrification and evictions?
Either way, Mary Jung, the Democratic County Central Committee chair, isn't exactly a good representative for the city's progressive Democracts. She just left her job as a lobbyist for PG&E and took a new position running government affairs for the landlords. From the Realtors press release:
Jung stated, "I am excited to have this opportunity to build upon and expand the REALTORS® Association role in the community. I look forward to working collaboratively with our local, state and national elected officials, and with our members, to ensure that the robust housing market continues to grow and our voice is heard effectively at City Hall."
The "robust housing market." In other words, displacement central. From the elected chair of the Democratic Party in San Francisco. I can't think of the last time the chair of the local party was paid to represent corporate interests. Not a good sign.
Most Commented On
- companies aren't doing a - March 13, 2014
- Who the fuck does this guy think he is? - March 13, 2014
- They're angry they no longer get 6-9 months - March 13, 2014
- let's be clear - March 13, 2014
- Yes, there is no reason to elect a school board anyway - March 13, 2014
- There will be. The community won't stand for this squalor any - March 13, 2014
- Why didn't you move some place a little cheaper? - March 13, 2014
- Idora, are you saying only losers live in the Mission or - March 13, 2014
- Or alternatively, none of that hyperbole will matter at all - March 13, 2014
- Wait a sec... - March 13, 2014