While everyone is out partying it up on the long three-day weekend, the dedicated staff here at the Bay Guardian will still take a break from the mayhem to bring you two hours of local music and lively, information talk during our bi-weekly Alternative Ink radio show from 6-8pm Sunday, May 25, on BFF.fm. UPDATE: Listen to the show here.
This week will be our special Holiday Party Edition, with the latest news from the recreational and dance-floor front lines, perhaps with a bit more slurring and profanity than usual — and if you’ve listened to us before, you know that’s really saying something.
Art Director Brooke Ginnard will be laying down the tracks and checking our levels, so to speak, while Editor-in-Chief Steven T. Jones, News Editor Rebecca Bowe, and Staff Writer Joe Fitzgerald Rodriguez provide the inside scoops and witty banter.
We’ll be talking about the so-called sharing economy and the big local fights brewing over Airbnb and the rideshare companies, city budget priorities that subsidize the rich and screw the average worker, how progressives on the Board of Supervisors have a new weapon against Mayor Ed Lee that could restore CleanPowerSF, and the chances that PG&E might blow up your San Francisco neighborhood. And whatever else springs to mind. So tune in or check back later to this post to listen to the audio link.
Most Commented On
- growth? - July 28, 2014
- So there is on definition of - July 28, 2014
- the Corporate state of America - July 28, 2014
- For every person, there is a place - July 28, 2014
- I think a lot of people would infer that someone who is in their - July 28, 2014
- Suggesting that people adapt their lifestyle to their financial - July 28, 2014
- No. I was suggesting to appeals for "fairness" is only effective - July 28, 2014
- crap - July 28, 2014
- Mass Murder - July 28, 2014
- Wiener’s resolution to study waterfront initiative written by - July 28, 2014