From the wobbly pen of Jonathan Beckhardt ...
Batten down the hatches! When it's too dreary to even think of leaving your apartment, curl up with one of these from the Bay Area's mixiest minds.
Crack out this variation on the Liquid Cocaine by bartenders Eric Zsolnay of Kuleto's Trattoria and Leon Vitakes of Holas, both in Burlingame, at your next Santa-roast (serves 2):
1 oz Bacardi 151
1 oz Goldshlager
2 oz Gin
2 oz half & half
3/4 oz Jagermeister
1 cup of ice
1/4 lemon squeezed
maraschino cherry juice
3 splashes of soda water
1) In a blender add ice, Goldschlager, rum, Jagermiester, gin, half & half, and lemon juice.
2) blend until smooth
3) Add soda and maraschino cherry juice to taste
4) Serve in a tumbler, garnish with a candycane or cinnamon stick
Cranberry Lemon Drop
Cranberries are the unspoken spine of the Christmas economy, one of the few fruits indigineous to North America, and the basis for every artificial juice we drink. Here they add a little (holiday) spritz to a Lemon Drop designed by Chadwick Baumback at Remedy Productions in San Francisco.
1 oz. of Absolut
1 oz. of Absolut Citron
1/2 oz. of Cointreau
1/2 oz. of simple syrup (sugar)
1/2 Lemon (squeezed)
Splash of 7-up
Splash of cranberry juice
1)Pour all ingredients (including lemon) into a shaker and shake for a good 10 seconds.
2) Strain into sugar rimmed glass and garnish w/ a lemon twist
Daddy's Tickle Me Elmo
Local chef Zac Maricondia (Raphael House) came up with this design in an attempt to style a White Russian with no Kahlua:
3 oz coffee
1 oz Stolichnaya Vodka
1.5 oz bourbon
1 oz milk
2 ice cubes
2 Dreyers Peanut-Butter Dibs
1) Put everything into blender on high for 30 seconds
2) Spoon froth onto top of the drink