By Marke B
Dickinson fetes dick
Do those "Oscars of gay porn," the GayVN Awards, actually help premium homosexual video productions gain a wider audience? Sure there's the "recognition of your peers" aspect for directors, actors, key grips, etc -- you may be surprised, but down those stubbly, grunting faces run the tears of several clowns -- but do you honestly rush out after the awards are announced and snatch up the winning discs?
Well, we don't know about that, but the whole shiny shirted shebang -- hosted this year at the Castro Theatre on March 28, with satellite events all weekend -- sure is a lot of septum-searing fun. (We'll have all the details on the wild pre and after parties here as the "big event" approaches.)
This time around, the celebrity hosts include not only homegirl Margaret Cho, aka "the giant face that was taking over America!" on her legendary short-lived sitcom "All American Girl," and chipper B-list actor Alec Mapa (big ups to the Asian representation this year!), but also "The World's First Supermodel" and plastic disaster Janice Dickinson. We smell fabulous trainwreck -- and we're probably going to be the only people in attendance who can still smell.
Every time a bell rings, a little angel gets her wings
Among the nominees, many produced by local studios: Raging Stallion's murderous epic To the Last Man
(available in "with blood" and "without" versions!), Dirty Bird Pictures' The Porne Ultimatum, Hot House's Verboten 1 and 2, and the aptly named Ass Cruisin' from Jet Set.
It just doesn't get any better than this.
2009 GayVN Awards
Presented by Naked Sword
At the Castro Theatre
429 Castro, SF
March 28, 7pm, $50
Complete rundown of events, etc at:
Most Commented On
- Being played like fiddles - March 14, 2014
- The influx of better off residents would increase the pressure - March 14, 2014
- I don't get it - March 14, 2014
- Still looks like a non issue to me - March 14, 2014
- Do you mean the 8Wash that you needed a billionaire on your side - March 14, 2014
- Seems to me the cops were just doing their job - March 14, 2014
- Greg, not every official needs to be appointed. - March 14, 2014
- New England - March 14, 2014
- CCSF certainly isn't "highly rated" by the people whose job it - March 14, 2014
- If you illegally occupy a building then you can reasonably - March 14, 2014