By Molly Freedenberg
Sure, we've mentioned Shindig 69 once before, but we think a party honoring the go-go-inspired sexiness of the '60s is worth mentioning again. (After all, without the history of go-go dancers, how would we all know what to do with those raised platforms in dance clubs? You know, the ones you need seven shots of tequila to even get near ...)
The highlight of this event, which serves as both pre-V-Day celebration and a fundraiser for the Keep a Breast Foundation, is surely the Devil-Ettes. For nearly a decade, this gaggle of dancing girls has been delighting audiences with their synchronized moves, short skirts, long boots, and cheeky cuteness. This time 'round, they're joined by ubiquitous MC, singer, and burlesque performer Kitten on the Keys, as well as Kiki Bomb, Kellita, The Riff Ditties Orchestra, and The Cement Gardens - plus DJs from Bardot a Go Go, Teenage Dance Craze, and Tiki Oasis.
Put on your Pucci mini, or polish your mod mane, and head on over for some good dancin' and an even better cause.
Feb. 12, 8:30pm, $10
155 Fell, SF.
Most Commented On
- "I am not the biggest fan of - December 21, 2013
- Wonderful article! People - December 21, 2013
- Here's The Evidence That The - December 21, 2013
- And you wonder why people - December 21, 2013
- I agree. Marcos has a really - December 21, 2013
- wine bars - December 21, 2013
- "That's how the shuttles came - December 21, 2013
- Amen! - December 21, 2013
- God forbid that people have - December 21, 2013
- You can't seriously be so - December 21, 2013