Each week Justin Juul highlights a rad upcoming local sexy event.
Who Kool Keith is an underground hip-hop artist who raps about dinosaurs, aliens, robots, Elvis Presley, and murder. But that’s all beside the point because the only thing Kool Keith really cares about is sex. An adventurous and non-discriminating fornicator, Kool Keith writes eroto-biographical lyrics so weird and raunchy they make Too Short sound like a thugged out version of Dr Seuss. It’s true that he’s matured a little since the release of “Sex Styles,” “Dr. Octogynecologist,” and “Spankmaster,” but…actually, scratch that. Kool Keith hasn’t matured at all. I mean, sure he talks about global warming sometimes, but his most recent albums feature songs/skits with names “Booty Clap,” “Our Operators are Masturbating,” and “Eat It.” Plus, he hangs out with Ice T and Princess Superstar every day. ‘Nuff said.
What This show is called “Kool Keith: Dr. Octagon vs. Dr Doom,” which probably sounds confusing if you’re not familiar with Keith’s multiple personalities. Here’s a little background. Keith’s most famous alter ego, Dr. Octagon, is an extraterrestrial time traveling gynecologist from Jupiter who likes anal sex and shark meat. He has yellow eyes, a green face, and a pink-and-white Afro. Dr. Doom is a serial killer who eats other humans and breeds rats. Doom and Octagon got into a little scuffle about 10 years ago and Octagon lost. He died. Or at least that’s how it seemed. Somehow Dr. Octagon managed to record an album and make some videos back in 2006. This really pissed Dr. Doom off so now they’re having a musical re-match that’s bound to last an eternity (check the video footage here). Expect Dr. Sperm, Alien Man, Mr. Nogatco, Willie Biggs, Jimmy Steele, and many many others to appear. Mike Relm, Crown City Rockers, and Hopsin will also be performing. Dj set by Kut Masta Kurt. This show is part of Noise Pop.
Where The Mezzanine (444 Jessie, SF). Tickets ($18).
When Thursday, February 26th. 8pm.
Why “Big Sniff is back. Word to honey's ass crack.” –Kool Keith, The Mack is Back
Most Commented On
- White fight was bad - December 18, 2013
- When elections go you way it is the people speaking - December 18, 2013
- Fellow guest? You're the same - December 18, 2013
- "San Franciscans are smart visionary voters - December 18, 2013
- Ranked choice was pushed by the left - December 18, 2013
- Agreed. That's what I said - December 18, 2013
- Mmmmhmmm - December 18, 2013
- The Lee-Bots shamlessly shill on. Liars. - December 18, 2013
- The Actual Facts On The Ground Around CleanPowerSF And PG&E - December 18, 2013
- Maybe they don't make pretenses towards being sustainable - December 18, 2013