By Ariel Soto
Steamy, gooey, French ...
This week all over San Francisco restaurants are cooking up hot and steamy dishes, in honor of TasteTV's new book Sexy Dishes: San Francisco -- A Guide to Who's Hot in the Kitchen (TCB Cafe) a celebration of some of the best chefs who are cooking up the most sensuous meals in the city.
I stopped by the Beach Chalet last night to try the restaurant's featured sexy dish, beignets by their pastry chef Amy Heater. The beignets, which are like miniature doughnuts, were served with an espresso and Bailey's anglaise for dipping and were light and airy. Although I usually don't think of donuts as sexy, these little, perfectly round balls were quite satisfying, especially when they were carefully dipped in a layer of sweet, gooey sauce. ("Schweddy Balls" they are not.)
To find out which restaurants are participating in Sexy Dishes Week, and what specials they're offering, check out the Web site: tasteable.blogspot.com
Most Commented On
- Greg, most of your ideas are tired old rehashes too. - April 17, 2014
- Dismissing all growth as a "bubble" is something the left loves - April 17, 2014
- In the same spirit - April 17, 2014
- Vacancy control will never happen because it is a State-wide - April 17, 2014
- No, Greg, if an Ellised building subsequently condo converts - April 17, 2014
- Nobody in Sacramento will listen to Campos - April 17, 2014
- The more we throw money at the homeless, - April 17, 2014
- this is the spell caster that save my home - April 17, 2014
- in-case you are in need of help you can contact him - April 17, 2014
- That man is great, you can contact him via email obasispelltempl - April 17, 2014