San Francisco's sexiest new magazine, Original Plumbing, will be hosting a reading at Books Inc. this Thursday for the official launch their much anticipated second issue. Considering the diversity, scope, and increasing visibility of FTM culture, it's mind-boggling that Original Plumbing -- "OP" -- is the first magazine of its kind. Now that Original Plumbing is here, let's ensure that it stays.
Though locally headquartered, OP isn't limited to the scope of San Francisco. The magazine takes care to address topics, like last year's Trans March in Paris, that are relevant to the international FTM community. Politically charged as it is, OP is also visually compelling on an aesthetic level that you don't have to be gay to appreciate. Amos Mac's explicit photography of FTM bodies are the perfect conceptual counterparts to OP's literal content. Throughout all of this, OP is full of fun and lighthearted, campy humor. Even the sex readers are made so aware of refuses to take itself too seriously. Judging from the manscaping-themed second issue (titled "Hair Issue"), beefcake is an integral aspect of OP's editorial philosophy.
Incapable as I am of resisting a burly seduction, the following sneak peak already has me impressed.
Among other things, OP's second issue will feature an interview with the ever-supportive Margaret Cho ("She's enTRANsed!" screams the blurb), a spotlight on the 2009 Paris Trans March, and a piece on writer T. Cooper. As accompaniment to divinely hirsute "Ayden" (who combines two of my favorite things in one convenient package: myopia + a hair vest), a new crop of FTM eye candy will be introduced in issue two and I have been promised that they will be present at the event for you to admire.
Dirty Stories with Original Plumbing: A Reading
"Celebrate Issue #2 with Books Inc and the OP guys"
Thurs/11, 7:30pm (ends at 8:30pm)
Most Commented On
- Not to mention free pensions and healthcare. - December 4, 2013
- Since I do not support conscription, it follows that my view is - December 4, 2013
- What other groups of people do you hate that much based on a - December 4, 2013
- Affordability issues were not mentioned in the article at all? - December 4, 2013
- The answer, dear friends, is to spend more money - December 4, 2013
- So your talk about - December 4, 2013
- “tech workers aren’t - December 4, 2013
- It's all you talk about. - December 4, 2013
- Wow, do you mean there are advantages to having money? - December 4, 2013
- No, again, that 50% figure is just for income tax. - December 4, 2013