The four-day celebration of leatherwomen has come to a shiny, exhausted, possibly bruised, and blushing close. The 2011 International Ms Leather title was awarded to New York's Sara Vibes Saturday night and she proudly accepted her glorious hide-sash with a naughty grin. Vibe and fellow contestants looked stunning in an array of leather accessories throughout the pageant, but intermission exposed an entire audience of notable leather-bound fashion from hat to boot.
Super-tight leather pants, bare-asses 'n' chaps, vests, and corsets are obvious go-tos for any leather event, but this crowd ventured into capes, hats, full dresses, flowing skirts, multiple belts, and bracelets. Leather dominated the fabric scene, replacing the usual cotton-poly blends and turning a t-shirt shape into an erotic instigator. I didn't see any leather stockings -- practicality is still valid, especially when the after party is taking place in a designated 'play room.'
This slideshow is only a minor glimpse, mostly some notable lady leathers. Check out Leatherati's photos of the event and shots of the actual contest.
Most Commented On
- Like any investment strategy, such an approach may work - July 23, 2014
- I'd love to see private jitneys come back to SF - July 23, 2014
- When Muni operators earn twice what private sector drivers - July 23, 2014
- More race-bating from SFBG - July 23, 2014
- Glimmers of sunshine - July 23, 2014
- get cured - July 23, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 23, 2014
- Projections - July 23, 2014
- Re: "Guest, ie Neighborhood NIMBY" - July 23, 2014
- This is like listening to hate radio - July 23, 2014