Feast your eyes on the latest offering from San Francisco electro-hop duo Double Duchess – a gritty, glammy, pulsing new video for the single, “Deviant,” off its forthcoming EP, due out this summer on Oakland's Le Heat Records. There may or may not be a purple dildo in there somewhere.
And Double Duchess – said to be influenced by “Baltimore club, booty breaks, ballroom house...couture fashion!” – knows a thing or two about provocative videos, remember last year's “Bucket Betch” off the duo's debut EP, Hey Girl! Just killer.
This time it's all hot clothes, neon hair, chain-link fences, glossy leather masks, subliminal block lettering, baroque furniture in '90s rave warehouses, strobe-lights, glitter-spitting goodness. And for a split second, you might spot Guardian culture editor Caitlin Donohue in there, looking fancy, and preening in pink hair.
Check the band live next at the Elbo Room, April 5, with Micahtron, HussyClub, and DJs BeyondADoubt and Jaysonik. www.elbo.com.
Most Commented On
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 26, 2014
- Toxic Turf. - July 26, 2014
- ZpoyYPMxgxyVWaj - July 26, 2014
- FXbMIGeEyTf - July 26, 2014
- A green San Francisco? - July 26, 2014
- we covered that this week - July 26, 2014
- I understand that the SFBC - July 26, 2014
- San Francisco needs - July 26, 2014
- Artificial turf - July 26, 2014
- Moron - July 26, 2014